Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just another day in paradise

Hi guys,
Nothing exciting happening here. Art's been keeping our new weedeater busy, trying to keep up with the weeds. We don't have grass, but actually some of the weeds are low growing and make a presentable lawn. It's hard to grow grass up here because of the hot, dry spells and we don't have expendable water for sprinklers.

I'm spending most of my time trying to spruce up the place, preparing for a family visit. Pretty exciting as this will be our first company in 1 1/2 years. I'm anxious to share our wonderful place with them and also let them see that we've not totally lost our minds. I'm painting some of the trim on the houses. Hadn't planned to, but the weather and wear & tear have made some of it look shabby. (I'll add a couple of photos later)

One of the reasons for my silence is that I'm, once again, struggling with bronchitis. Had hoped that I'd left this behind in the mountains of Oregon, but not to be. Not sure if it's the humidity or what, but sinus trouble haunts everyone and for me, it leads to bronchitis. Darn! I keep going, but have to push myself. I'm drinking lemon grass (fever grass) tea hoping it will help.

Never fear, dear friends, we're here just plugging away. I'll share more in a couple of days.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Gale.

Anonymous said...

Get well, Gale. You have no idea how much you keep me going and 'the dream.'
Love,
Jeanie

sandy a. said...

Hope you feel better soon! I look forward to your posts