Saturday, January 8, 2011

Finally, toucan photos




I've been so frustrated trying, first to catch a glimpse of our toucans and then to try to get a photo. They fly in and vanish into the trumpet trees. My photography skills leave a lot to be desired, but I keep trying. I'm slow and so is my camera, but today I finally got a shot of our elusive friend. He seems to come in and just get one piece of fruit and then fly off, out of sight. It's hard to realize that so many incredible birds visit our yard. I'm including a couple of less than perfect photos to show the colors on the body. What an incredible gift.

4 comments:

Belize Lifestyles said...

Great Toucan pictures.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the photos Gale. They are beautiful birds.

Suzanne McDaniel said...

Love these! I'm not sure if you remember me but I had contacted you several months ago saying we were considering moving to Belize and asked if you had ever rented out your guest house?

Anyway.. we ended up choosing Costa Rica and have been living here for about 2 months now. :) Love it! Like you I've been frustrated at my inability to photograph a toucan.. I always see them a bit too late! :)

Wilma said...

What fun to have toucans in your yard!