Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Catching up

It's hard to believe it's been over a month since I update the blog.  Things have settled down for us since we completed the projects we could handle, here at Dreamer Farm.  Of course, there's lots more we could do, but budget constraints dictate that we enjoy what we have.

Art's doing much better.  He rides his stationary bike every day.  He's much more disciplined than I'll ever be.  I've really enjoyed painting, but have trouble managing to find the time.  We did make a short trip to Springfield, which is a little Mennonite village down the Hummingbird Highway past Belmopan.  There's a wonderful fruit tree nursery there where we discovered raspberries, strawberries and mulberries.  How fun!  I have to buy bags of river soil to build a bed for the strawberries, but since I only bo't 6 plants it doesn't have to be very big.




I've been really excited about my little hibiscus plants.  They're still very small, but valiantly blooming.   This bottom one is the Sunset.  The blooms are almost as big as a dinner plate.  All these blooms only last one day, but are spectacular while they last.  My tiny little plant produced 4 blooms in a row.

We're also starting to see some of the migrating winter birds show up from north of here.    We've missed them.   I must try to be more diligent so the few of you who read this know we're still here and hanging in there.    Blessings,    Gale


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back posting!