Saturday, November 20, 2010

Aracari carving


It appears that we're going to have rain, rain and more rain for the next week or so, so looks as tho' I'll not have an excuse for ignoring my little projects. A friend of ours has a wood shop where they create exquisite furniture. I snagged this piece of mahogany from them and carved this piece. This fellow spent some time in a tree in our backyard. Most of the time they just fly by, but luckily I caught him/her to get a couple of photos. We don't have mature fruit trees, since we've been hacking our place out of the bush, so most of these guys just pass us by. Hope to catch more than a passing glimpse of the big toucans too.

6 comments:

Wilma said...

Beautiful carving, Gale. I didn't know you were hiding such talent! I know this is cruel of me, but I hope you get lots of rainy days during which to carve even more. ;-) cheers, Wilmla

sandy a. said...

that is really pretty! If you do more I might be tempted to buy!

Anonymous said...

Gale, It's beatifull. I got a e-mail from your neighbor he said it had been raining for days. I hope you do more carving you have a gift
hugs Sher

Dreamer farm said...

Yes, it's been raining for about 4 days. Took 2 intense tries to get up our road. Won't drive down again until it dries out. Hope to do a little carving or painting. Thanks so much for the comments. Gives me a little push.
Hugs to all of you, Gale

Dreamer farm said...

Yes, it's been raining for about 4 days. Took 2 intense tries to get up our road. Won't drive down again until it dries out. Hope to do a little carving or painting. Thanks so much for the comments. Gives me a little push.
Hugs to all of you, Gale

Sara said...

Your carving is beautiful! I enjoy reading your blog and just wanted you to know I'm out here. Was excited when you finally posted a pic of yourself! I am also an American ex-pat in Belize who keeps a blog....