Monday, August 12, 2013

Another day with the pups!


Wow, this rain is really dumping.  Keep losing the satellite.  I made a rash move tonight by letting the pups go from their fenced yard to the veranda without leashes.  Dumb!  They've been doing fine if I keep one leashed.  Anyway, they veered off and took off like a shot.  It was getting dark and they were gone for about 1 1/2 hrs.  We could hear dogs barking in all directions.  Art was taking one last pass down Paslow Falls Rd and I was starting the generator when they finally showed up.  I suspect they got scared as she was quite a ways behind him.  They're dirty and full of burrs.  They both threw themselves on the ground in front of me and flipped onto their backs, as if to say "I know I was bad."  I didn't even care, I just pushed them into the fenced yard and didn't trust myself to not spank them soundly.  I was also worried about Art as he headed out back to hunt for them.  When all was said and done, we're all alright, if not a little frazzled.  Anyone who gets two pups at a time should have their head examined.  They're 8 months old today, so they're just dumb kids right now.  Patience, patience, patience.  I know they're going to be wonderful dogs when they're grown, but for now I'd like to strangle both of them.  I just have to figure out how to teach them to honor the boundaries.  May have to resort to an in ground electric fence, but expensive and not sure I'm up to the learning curve.  Tomorrow will be another day and all will be well, even if a little wet.  

No comments: