Friday, January 30, 2015

Car repairs

I guess the powers that be got tired of hearing me whine about our transportation problems because we now have both cars sitting in our parking area, raring to go.  After a couple of false starts, the Trooper clutch seems to be cooperating.  Smooth!  After thinking he had a new valve body for the Tundra pickup, Chindo found another used one somewhere, and fixed it just for the price of the parts.  Sure can't complain about that.  We'd already dropped a chunk of change with him for the initial work on the transmission, so this sure made us happy.  After over a month of dinking around with not being able to trust the truck, it's great to have it back. 


I have to say that living here can be a challenge to our patience, but the other side of that coin is that we've also met lots of really nice people. 

1 comment:

Corozal Dave said...

Now that's fantastic news!! Nothing like having broken and unreliable vehicles. Believe me I had way more than my share of them. Can't tell you how many times I found myself broken down on a jungle road calling friends for help.
There were so many times when we'd start our trips, praying our car would make it there and back :-)
Happy to read things are looking up.